BEST SHOWS OF 2004:
1. LOST- Definitely the only really surprising new show of this Fall. Every other new show from this Fall has failed to
really impress me.
2. WAKING THE DEAD Season 4- The actors are having fun with their roles and a shocking death is at the end of season 4.
3. MI-5/SPOOKS Season 3- Politic and real life threats make this gritty drama stand out including at least one exit of
the original cast during the six episodes I have seen so far. Definitely better than 24.
4. RESCUE ME- Dennis Learly plays a haunted fireman you can feel for even though he is a bastard at times.
This show blew away the other FX series like THE SHIELD and NIP/TUCK (which lost it's way for part of season 2).
Rescue Me has some humor and I can't wait for season 2.
5. STARGATE: ATLANTIS- This spinoff of STARGATE SG-1 is quite good.
6. 24- After stumbling through the first half, season 3 picked up steam.
HONORABLE MENTION- TOUCHING EVIL (USA NETWORK version), THE 4400, ENTERPRISE
SHOW ON A DOWNHILL SLOPE: HOUSE which has continue to slip with the plots (despite great chracters) after a fantastic pilot.
WHAT WERE THEY SMOKING?!- The newtworks have greenlighted some shows which thankfully received teh axe shortly after they
started airing. I don't know what they were thinking when they put on shows like DR. VEGAS, HAWAII, and LAX. None of them
should have been made to series in the first place.
THE FROG STUMBLES: THE WB has amde some strange choices this year. None of their new shows want me to turn in. They pass
on pilots for new versions of DARK SHADOWS and LOST IN SPACE. Then they pass on GLOBAL FREQUENCY which sounds like it would
have been a promising show with a good cast.
this article is (c)21-31-2004 David Blackwell and cannot be reprinted without permission. send all comments to email@example.com and look for additional content (and site updates) at http://www.livejournal.com/users/enterlinemedia