1. I,ROBOT- The movie is what science fiction is all abiout- thought provoking ideas about what if robots could break the
Three Laws of Robotics and do robots have the right to be free. On top of that, the movie combines a mystery and action with
2. THE BOURNE SUPREMACY- A sequel better than the first movie with it's in-your-face style of being right there. No fancy
action fights or action stunts. The movie is down and dirty.
3. THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK- David Twohy has went and created a unique universe for an evil space opera. Whether you like
or hate it, you have to agree the ideas that went into creating this universe are different from anything in sci-fi this year.
Watch the Director's Cut on DVD, avoid the Theater Cut.
4. ZATOICHI- Takeshi Kitano puts together a fun Samurai movie.
5. HELLBOY- It's a Lovecraftian action movie. I can't wiat for the sequel. The Director's Cut DVD improves on the original
6. SHAUN OF THE DEAD- It'sa romantic zombie comedy. The zombie moments are terrifying while the humor doesn't get through
until the second half of the movie. However, some will get more of the humor with repeat viewings.
7. THE CLEARING
8. INFERNAL AFFAIRS
BAD TRENDS- Remakes. Why did we have to be saddled with remakes that don't come close to the originals they're based on.
People say THE FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX remake is enjoyable, but it doesn't come close to the original classic which starred
James Stewart. Did we really need a remake of THE STEPFORD WIVES?
ONE TIME ONLY MOVIE- SECRET WINDOW is good the first time around, but it loses it charm after you find out all the twists.
BIG TREND- Movies from this year and last are coming out in extended and director cut editions on DVD this year: CHRONICLES
OF RIDDICK, DAREDEVIL, KING ARTHUR, LORD OF THE RING: THE RETURN OF THE KING, and UNDERWORLD to name a few.
this article is (c)12-31-2004 David Blackwell and cannot be reprinted without permission. send all comments to email@example.com and look for additional content (and site updates) at http://www.livejournal.com/users/enterlinemedia